Bodle Technologies Limited is a University of Oxford spinout developing SRD®, the world’s first solid-state reflective display technology, based on phase-change materials. Providing vivid colour and video-capability, with zero energy use for static image storage, the technology is ideally suited to address the issues of poor outdoor readability and high- power consumption associated with transmissive and emissive displays.
Bodle offers the opportunity to join a small, dynamic team with broad and complementary expertise and an egalitarian ethos. We aim to encourage the brightest minds to work towards achieving our strategic goals and will reward our employees for their contributions with a highly competitive salary, along with the potential for other performance-based benefits including share-options.
We are seeking a Test Engineer with experience in development and characterisation of novel electro-optic and semiconductor devices.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate and maintain complete measurement systems for testing and evaluating hundreds of new electro-optic devices on a weekly basis
- Show initiative and creativity to help achieve ambitious research milestones
- Be effective at multitasking
- Be diligent in documenting clearly all activities and results obtained
- Be flexible in their willingness to take on projects with different technical elements and timescales, and quick to learn new concepts and techniques
- Assist with training of new employees and collaborators as the role progresses
- Travel to partner sites in the UK, EU, USA, SE Asia or elsewhere as required based on research, business or commercial goals
- If required, supporting the company executives in commercialisation talks, including preparation of reports and creating documents to support the role of technology in potential commercialisation
- Assisting with other practical and administrative duties as required. This is a small company, and all employees are expected to contribute to these tasks
You should ensure that your letter of application (to include your CV plus a separate document specifically and concisely addressing the following selection criteria) clearly indicates how your experience and qualifications fulfil these requirements, as your application will be judged on this basis.
- A good first degree (or equivalent working experience) in physics, electronic/electrical engineering, materials science or related area
- Device characterisation: Ability to operate, upgrade and maintain complete measurement systems for testing and evaluating hundreds of new electro-optic devices on a weekly basis. Collect and interpret statistical data to determine device compliance to expected performance
- Instrument control: Design software to control and collect data from commercial and customised electronic instruments
- Teamwork: Interface with the other members of the team (Design, Simulations and Fabrication) to investigate, correlate experimental results and record/track data
- Report and documentation: Ability to store and retrieve complete sets of high-quality data from each characterisation run (setup details, probed variables, test specifications, etc.). Ability to communicate results in an efficient and professional manner is a must essential
- Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as an active member of a team, working cooperatively within the group, while effectively planning your own workload within the project
- Willingness and ability to travel for short periods to work with collaborators abroad, if required
- Postgraduate qualifications in, or industrial experience of, optoelectronic or photonic research, test and measurement and/or device development. Preferably including one or more of:
- Experience with semiconductor device measurements
- Image and signal processing. Ability to design and implement algorithms for detecting and extracting key metrics from optical sensors and digital cameras
- Software programming. Experience of programming instrument control and sensor data logging software, e.g. LabView, Matlab, and implementing custom GUIs
- A track record of problem-solving and creativity, including patented ideas or published novel research results
- Experience of collaborations with external groups and industry
Bodle Technologies Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Bodle is determined by competence, professionalism and attitude. Gender, race, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or any other legally protected status do not have any influence on our hiring process or business operations.
For further information please contact
Sergio Garcia Castillo (Sr. EE) at email@example.com
Ben Broughton (VP, Display Technology) at firstname.lastname@example.org